Broccoli sweet potato tikki recipe
Broccoli sweet potato tikki or patties with simple and minimum ingredients. Healthy tea time snack for kids and others at home.
I like sweet potato a lot, the flavor, sweetness fibre it has. I really wish Aj eats it as it is good for health🤨. He never consumes it as such, so thought of making cutlet or tikki so as to make him consume sweet potato. I myself rarely buy sweet potato, though it is too tempting to buy when you see at supermarket, it will be only cooked just before it is about to go waste. If you ask me to steam and eat as such, I will finish it the very instant, but if I need to cook, somehow not interesting to cook it for lunch🙄.
This time, when me and Vj went to mall and we had a loads of time to hang out while waiting to pick up Aj from his classes, we were standing over a food fare and gazing over the endless crowd in ever food stall. I saw one stall selling steamed sweet potatoes and was so tempted. So the next day I bought sweet potato and steamed it, had one as such, made curry and made these tikki with one. I got inspired from a video in Courts megastore video and from Tarla dalal too. Tikki was really delicious and we all loved it. Aj asked for more and I am sure this will be made often😀
- Place sweet potato in a container (I didn’t add water in the container, but added in the cooker as usual). Pressure cook for 3 -4 whistles. Though I have shown below 3, I used only one.
- Meanwhile, boil water and add broccoli florets, cook for 2 mins. Drain water completely. (You can steam cook too couple of mins)
- Grind in a blender coarsely. Just for few seconds, do not make into a paste. Squeeze the excess water from the ground broccoli.
- Take one peeled sweet potato in a mixing bowl. Mash well without any lumps. (Approx. 1 cup mashed sweet potato)
- Add ground broccoli, grated cheese, bread crumbs, turmeric, chaat masala, cumin powder, black pepper and salt. Mix to a dough.
- Divide into equal portions and make equal sized balls out of it. Flatten to a tikki/ patty.
- Heat a pan with few drops of oil and place the tikkies over it. Cook over medium flame both sides until golden layer forms.
Serve with Chilli tomato sauce or as such.