WordPress Security: How to Save Yourself a Lot of Grief!
Okay, you got me: WordPress security is not the sexiest way to spend your time, but it could end up being one of the most profitable! Nothing is more caustic to the lining of your stomach than having your site go down, and wondering whether or not you've lost it all.
Far too many of us readily on our web hosts to save our bacon when disaster strikes. Speaking from experience, this is not always a good idea. While it may seem expedient and simple, you could actually be putting your site at risk, and perhaps your income too. Let's examine a better way!
Assure WordPress security using a plugin.
Creating WordPress backups using a plugin is not only easy, but also economic and provides near instant peace of mind. Backing up your site's files once a month provides you with many benefits, including some you may not have given much thought to before.
What are some of the benefits of back up with a WordPress Plugin?
Here are five quick benefits of using a plugin for your WordPress security.
1. Maintain offline copies of your site – Having your site's files sent to you via email or to a service like Amazon S3 is a terrific way to backup your site.
2. Easy scheduling of WordPress backups – A simple scheduler can help take the forgetfulness out of the equation. Set a date and time for each month, and forget about it! Now your site is backed up every day, every week or every month so you do not have to worry about it.
3. A snap to move – If, for some reason, you need to relocate your site, such as a domain name change or a new web host, having your files at your fingertips can save you oodles of time, headache, and the need for tech help.
4. Simple to get your site back up and running – In the event of a problem, having a WordPress backup of your site's files is a Godsend. Make sure your plugin has a working restore function.
5. Maintain control of your online assets – Nothing is worse than having your livelihood in someone else's hands. Why take chances with something as important as your website?
Utilizing a plugin for WordPress security just makes great sense. WordPress backups need to be performed on a regular basis. Do not become a victim as a result of not being proactive about your own site!