Soothing Natural Remedies for Skin Care This Winter
All About Skin Care in Winter
Irrespective of the age, almost everyone experiences itchy, flaky skin especially during the chilly winter weather. Winter wind, harsh soaps, cold weather sunburn, low humidity and dry indoor air are the main culprits. Dry, flaky, itchy skin is incompetent and with the advent of winter this is a common problem.
It becomes very essential to combat dry, itchy skin with natural remedies in the winter. Over the counter products rarely work and above all leaves a hole in one's pocket. Thus, it would be a good choice to prefer natural remedies to soothe the crackling skin this winter by selecting the following hand-picked natural remedies for skin care. These will help to take one closer to the soft, supple skin that they desire.
Soothe Dry, Rough Skin This Winter Naturally
1. Coconut milk: these works wonders in reducing skin dryness thereby combating blemishes and dark spots. For effective results, extract the milk from coconuts at home or else use packaged ones. Rub coconut milk on the face as well as the body and leave this overnight. Spread out an old pillow cover or bed-sheet to prevent stains.
2. Aloe Vera: this herb is known for ages as an effective remedy for skin. Post bath, squeeze the gel from a piece of aloe and apply it on the face, legs and hands. Along with moisturizing the skin, aloe Vera gel also helps in forming a protective layer thereby helping to keep the impurities from getting into the pores. Although aloe acts as a good skin hydrant yet it can leave one's skin feeling tight wanting him / her to dab on a little moisturizer. This is one of the most recommended natural remedies for skin during the winter season.
3. Oil: run on a little coconut, olive or almond oil and lightly massage it on the legs, hands and the other parts of the body just before going for a shower. Prior application, heat the oil only if time permits. Use a light sunscreen or moisturizer post shower as winter sun is no less harsh.
4. Tomato: mash a tomato and apply its pulp liberally on the face. Leave it for an hour or so, rinse and then moisturize. Follow this day for a couple of days and one will see their acne disappear. Tomato also acts as an astringent thereby helping to remove surplus oil from the skin. This is also one of the best natural remedies for skin care during winter.
5. Milk and Almond: take half cup milk and in it soak about 4-5 almonds. Grind this into a smooth paste and refrigerate. Apply this mixture on the face gently prior to going off to sleep. Wash it off the following morning and reveal smoother softer skin.
6. Sandalwood, turmeric and olive oil work wonders to treat dry winter skin. Mix these with honey and yoghurt and allow it to soak for about 10-15 minutes and wash it off with water. This will make skin smooth and supple.
Use these soothing natural remedies for skin and fight winter dryness easily.