4 Benefits That Castor Oil Will Give to Your Hair
Castor oil basically originates from the beans and the seed of the castor plant. This natural vegetable oil has a history which goes back to the ancient Egypt, where it was used for its laxative and purgative action. As it has no taste or smell, it serves as a perfect base for medicines and cosmetics.
However, after research and finding out about its toxic effects, its use has been limited to skin and hair products. Due to its characteristics, it has been found to improve the health of hair very effectively. The advantages it has on the hair are mentioned below.
1. Treating hair split ends.
By utilizing castor oil on the tips, it will
• Prevent the dried up look of and reducing split ends.
• Enhances the strength of hair by stopping it from breaking and preventing hair from getting split ends.
• Locks moisture in the hair, making it look shiny and soft.
• With time, the hair develops lesser split ends and becomes healthy.
2. Restores the health of scalp.
The oil contains “ricin oleic acid”, which imparts anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, which helps:
• To protect scalp and hair from any infection.
• Prevents excessive drying up of the scalp by the action of fatty acids.
• Hair growth is regenerated
• Serves as an amazing cleansing agent and removes all dirt and impurities which can lead to the development of various skin issues and prevent hair growth.
3. Moisturizing hair and scalp.
• The large amounts of unsaturated fats found in castor oil influences it to be an ideal choice for the nourishment and moisturizing of the hair.
• It is easily absorbed by the scalp surface and reaches the deeper layers very easily.
• It coats hair and locks moisture inside, preventing it from leaving the hair and keeping the hair soft and smooth.
• It also has the ability to draw moisture towards the hair and scalp, thus, increasing moisturization.
4. Enhancing hair growth and development.
The greater part of the advantages already talked about specifically relate back to the general strength of the hair and in this manner castor oil improves hair growth and development.
A fundamental element in proper hair development is a scalp which is healthy, and with its capacity to expel pollutants, that tend to clog hair follicles, castor oil makes for a powerful hair growth and development remedy.
Also, the ability of castor oil to lock in moisture also plays a vital role in keeping the scalp healthy and the hair growth improved and effective.