10 Best WordPress Tips for Theme Sellers
WordPress is a great platform for entrepreneurs and those who know how to code. Millions of blogs are already using this content management system as it's easy to use and very flexible. If you know coding, there is no reason you can not start a business around WordPress. You just do not want to jump into selling themes without doing your homework. Here are a few tips you want to pay attention to make sure you build a business for the long-term:
- Listen to your audience : checking forums and figuring out what people say on Twitter about their needs and wants can give you more product ideas.
- Come up with new ideas : do not just imitate what others are doing in your niche. Try to come up with new ideas and themes that are not available anywhere else.
- Pay attention to customer experience : your focus should be to make life easier for your customers. Give them all the tools they need, and they'll come back for more.
- Provide clear and useful instructions : do not be vague about where people can download your themes or how much they'll have to pay. Be as clear as possible.
- Provide impossible support: you should take time to create a forum to support your paying members. Getting back to your customers / prospects in a timely fashion is a must.
- Do not forget affiliate marketing : use affiliates to push your business for you. Do not do everything yourself.
- Understand your license : do not offer a theme without understanding the license you are offering it with (eg GPL).
- Reward loyalty : it never hurts to provide your loyal customers with free themes and goodies to appreciate their support.
- Get your customers involved : testing a new platform? Trying to figure out if a product of yours is working right? Use your paying users for that task
- Do not be greedy: so many developers get greedy and want to charge for every little thing. Remember, the more people use your products, the faster your business grows. You should charge for somethings but not every little thing you offer.
Starting a theme business can be very rewarding as long as you are in it to provide value to your customers. If you put your main focus on providing value to your customers, other things will fall into their places.