Crispy Garlic Roasted Potatoes – Cafe Delites
Crispy Garlic Roasted Potatoes are a super simple side dish perfect with anything!
Buttery, garlicky, fluffy inside with crisp, golden edges… these roasted potatoes tick all my boxes! No need for bowls or pans when you can prepare AND cook your potatoes on ONE PAN!
OVEN ROASTED POTATOES
A fool-proof recipe, roasted potatoes are a simply delicious side dish that goes with anything! From Roast Chicken to a great Steak! Feel free to get creative with seasonings and herbs you have on hand.
- The amount of garlic used in this recipe is adaptable to your preference. Use less or more!
- I use sea salt on these. There’s something abut granular salt on potatoes that I love. Try not to use table salt if you can. Kosher salt is good too.
- If you don’t like parsley, you can use fresh chopped rosemary, thyme, even basil. Dried herbs would work just as well, but go easy. I usually use 2 teaspoons.
With minimal ingredients and maximum flavour, everyone will love these potatoes!
WHAT KIND OF POTATOES ARE BEST FOR ROAST POTATOES?
You can use ANY kind of potato for roasting! You can use white potatoes, red potatoes, baby potatoes, russets, Yukon gold, brushed, or even roasted sweet potatoes… they’re all delicious!
Whether you peel potatoes before roasting or prefer them with the skin on, I’ll leave it completely up to you. Personally, I love the look, flavour and texture of roasted red and Yukon gold potatoes with skin-on, but prefer peeled when roasting simple white potatoes.
If using baby potatoes, simply slice them in half to let the seasoning coat them evenly.
HOW LONG TO ROAST POTATOES
For crispy potatoes, I prefer to roast them at a higher temperature for the best, golden results: normally at 400°F (200°C) for 45-55 minutes, while turning them a couple of times to ensure they crisp up all over.
Or use the following reference as a guide for your personal preference:
- 350°F (175°C): 65-75 minutes.
- 375°F (190°C): 55-65 minutes.
- 400°F (200°C): 45-55 minutes.
- 450°F (230°C): 35-45 minutes.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH ROASTED POTATOES
For something extra, top them with sour cream, crispy diced bacon, chives or green onions, cheese, chopped tomatoes… or slow cooker pulled pork!
MORE POTATO RECIPES
Crispy Garlic Roasted Potatoes are a super simple side dish perfect with anything! Buttery, garlicky, fluffy inside with crisp, golden edges… these roasted potatoes tick all my boxes! No need for bowls or pans when you can prepare AND cook your potatoes on ONE PAN!
Serves: 6 people (as a side)
- 2 pounds (1 kg) potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, (or 8 cloves garlic, minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
HOW TO ROAST POTATOES
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly spray a baking sheet or tray with cooking oil spray.
Arrange potatoes on sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with the oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic. Toss so potatoes are evenly seasoned.
Roast in the oven for 45-55 minutes while flipping occasionally, until crisp and golden.
Remove the potatoes from the oven and season with a little extra salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle over with parsley and serve immediately!
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 304mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g